Saturday, October 31, 2009

21 today..

It's 31st of October, it's Hallowe'en, and yes, it's my birthday! My 21st birthday! So how do I feel about being 21? Many people say that this is the age where you are officially off-age. In other words, I'm no longer a teenager but a man? Hmmm.. Funny but I actually don't feel like I'm any wiser than I am before this, don't feel any taller, fatter, more mature, or just anything that's different. I'm still the same jerk that I was before this, if not worse. It's just another ordinary day like any other day, maybe just plus a bit of celebration. A day that will be gone in moments that feels like just seconds away.

Born in the year of 1988, and after much scolding, nagging, shouting, talking-from parents; influences from relatives, friends, school teachers, and everyone else that I can't think of at the moment (how bout you? =)), this is the PLJH that you know now-a lazy, sporty, quiet, likes to procrastinate,...and whatever else you can add on. Well, birthdays have always been a normal thing to me, in the sense that it is not really a great cause for celebration for me. The last birthday I celebrated was back when I was 17, that's four years ago, but I guess 21st birthday, well, won't be the same, huh?

For the first time in my 21 years of life, there is actually some people out there that are planning something for my birthday (other than my parents and relatives of course..). First time, yea, and I just think I should thank them in advance, making this 21st much more different than previous edition, even if it's just a small something from you guys..=)

Being 21, that brings back some memories of the past, some regrets on things that are never done, things that should not have been done. What if I joined the basketball club back in secondary school? What if I'm more responsible back then? What if I never quit being a prefect back in form 1? What if I never did this..and that? Well, we live on them-these regrets, and be stronger and wiser, and maybe that's who I am now. Life goes on, and so must I, instead of pondering over unfinished business in the past, might as well live up to the present and work hard to face an uncertain and challenging future, isn't that the way?. =)

Plenty of dreams going on inside my head, some maybe fulfilled, some may not, falling sideways as new dreams emerge as I move on with life. Maybe I'll get one inside my birthday wish and hopefully it comes true. Not that I really believe such thing but you won't lose by doing that right? But nothing comes free; hard work, determination, etc. must be on of course. Can't just sit around and wait for it to drop from the sky, huh? As the saying goes, 'with great dreams, comes great responsibilities.' Sounds familiar? Okay, I'm crapping too much here. Well, since it's my birthday, I should wish myself with a birthday song. So here goes... 

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to PLJH, 
Happy Hallowe'en to you...

Happy Hallowe'en folks! Enjoy yourself! =D



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the picture..i like halloween!!
anyway, happy birthday too!

Pat said...

Haha. I would love to celebrate that, haven't been to any before. You have a good time there ya! Happy Halloween!! =)