Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quotes..

I love quotes. To me, they are inspiring and motivating, albeit a short term one. I still remember last time when I got my school diary back in high school, I used to look through the diary to read all the quotes that are in it. (Well, that is basically the best use the diary provides, other then a few scribbles, notes with few pages torn out as I don't write in diaries. XD) Maybe not everyone think quotes are interesting, just like the other day when my lecturer went through with us some quotes, and my friend beside me said "What for la?". But just why it isn't?

This are advices and saying from famous people, people like Aristotle, Confucius, Sir Winston Churchill and so many more; said or written by people who had gone through different kinds of journey in their life, by people with lots of experience, experience that even some (or should I say most) of us might not have gone through before. Reading them kind of raise my morale, spur me on with what I'm doing, telling me to work harder for my goals, that what I'm doing now is actually just something small, as compared to those that have contribute greater, suffer greater in order to reach the success that they dream of. Just made me think that the things I'm doing now are not even anywhere near them, make me think about what I want for life, my goals and so on.

But then raising my morale is not enough, it's all about actions, ain't it? Sigh.. Pretty stressed up here, what with studies and work, plus I'm not really feeling quite well right now. Considering of taking an earlier study break. Well, let's see how things go in a day or two. If only I didn't procrastinate so much! Must admit I shouldn't have left my notes untouched for a long time, as it's always hard to start my engine especially after enjoying too much. Well, gonna sign off for now. Here's some quotes for you people! And hope you guys doing fine there..=D
It is never too late to be what you might have been.-George Eliot

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavour to live his life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.-Henry David Thoreau

Someone who has a "why" can live with any "what" and with any "how". Learn to harness the power, energy and wisdom of adversity.-Dr.Viktor Frank
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are they who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them.-George Bernard Shaw
PERSEVERANCE
PRESS ON. Nothing can take the place of perseverance.
TALENT will not.
           Nothing is more common than unsuccessful man with talent.
GENIUS will not.
           Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
EDUCATION will not.
           The world is full of educated derelicts.
PERSISTANCE and DETERMINATION alone are OMNIPOTENT.
The slogan "PRESS ON" has solved, always will solve, the problems of the Human race.-President Calvin Coolidge

2 comments:

Bravebear said...

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are they who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them.-George Bernard Shaw"

thumbs up to this one. Not because it has my name there. But it is so true. People always complain, blame and its all talk. They don't realize that they can make a change. They think they are put in all the troubles and sufferings of the world due to the unfortunate events that happen. And they are soo weak they had to turn to some other things to strengthen them such as GOD!

But not much people truly realize that GOD has created us with all that we ever need and its up to us to make it happen. They pray to GOD for this and for that. In the end they still need to work for it. Miracles don't just happen. We make it happen. Agree?

Pat said...

Yup, agree!